- Simply visit www.hungeractionmonth.org, and watch the celebrity public service announcement (PSA) videos. Actors Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Taye Diggs, and Ana Ortiz have partnered with Feeding America to show that hunger is indeed closer than you think. Watch these celebrities portray an actual Feeding America client experiencing hunger.
- Secondly, share the PSAs through your social media spaces, such as Twitter, Facebook, or your personal blog. Our goal is to reach 1 million people through digital platforms.
- Lastly, and most importantly take action. By visiting www.hungeractionmonth.org, or Feeding America’s interactive map, discover hunger numbers in your area and act locally.
- Volunteer at your local Feeding America food bank or food pantry.
- Share hunger stats with your friends. Tweet, post, and blog about hunger in your area.
- Donate to Feeding America or the member food banks of Feeding Indiana’s Hungry. $1 donated helps Feeding America provide ten pounds of food and grocery products, or the equivalent of eight meals, to someone at risk of hunger.
Feeding Indiana’s Hungry, Inc. is the statewide association of Feeding America affiliated food banks (formerly America’s Second Harvest). Our eleven member food banks serve more than 1,700 agencies in all 92 counties, providing emergency food assistance to Hoosiers in need.
Feeding Indiana’s Hungry, Inc. food banks statewide include:
Food Bank of Northwest Indiana, Gary
Food Bank of Northern Indiana, South Bend
Food Finders Food Bank, Inc., Lafayette
Community Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Indiana, Ft. Wayne
Second Harvest Food Bank of East Central Indiana, Inc., Muncie
Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana, Indianapolis
Terre Haute Catholic Charities Foodbank, Terre Haute
Hoosier Hills Food Bank, Bloomington
Tri-State Food Bank, Inc., Evansville
Dare to Care Food Bank, Louisville, KY
Freestore Foodbank, Cincinnati, OH
For more information on Feeding Indiana’s Hungry, Inc. contact Emily Weikert Bryant at 317/396-9355 or email@example.com, or view our website at www.feedingindianashungry.org. Find us on Facebook at facebook.com/FeedingIndianasHungry or follow our news on Twitter at twitter.com/FeedINsHungry