1 in 7 Hoosier kids struggles with hunger, a problem that is further complicated when school is out. Feeding Indiana’s Hungry, the state association of Feeding America affiliate food banks, is partnering with the No Kid Hungry organization to end child hunger in Indiana in the summer. No Kid Hungry Indiana is hiring a campaign coordinator to organize the planning, implementation, evaluation and expansion of this new campaign focusing on growth of the summer nutrition programs for children.
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Reports to: Feeding Indiana’s Hungry Executive Director
Classification: Full Time
Salary range and benefits: $38,000 – $40,000, health care stipend
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Guide the No Kid Hungry IN campaign advisory committee’s efforts to develop and implement a needs assessment and campaign action plan for increasing participation in federal nutrition programs. The primary focus in 2016 – 2017 will be the Summer Food Service Program.
- Coordinate the evaluation of No Kid Hungry IN campaign impact; prepare impact reports.
- Coordinate with the executive director to convene meetings with elected officials, policymakers, government agencies, and direct service providers to promote the efforts of the No Kid Hungry IN campaign to increase participation in federal nutrition programs.
- Coordinate with the executive director to identify opportunities for the No Kid Hungry IN campaign to expand its role within Indiana by working with state agencies, elected officials and other statewide non-profits.
- Work with the executive director to cultivate and develop new partners for No Kid Hungry IN.
- Identify and secure grant funds to support the No Kid Hungry IN campaign.
- Supervise interns and volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited institution required; Master’s degree in public policy or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with issues related to hunger, poverty, farming, and/or nutrition.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects while maintaining attention to detail and adhering to deadlines.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with public presentation experience.
- Sound administrative skills and computer/technology proficiency, including MS Office and Adobe Photoshop or similar photo-editing software.
- Experience with short- and long-range planning; ability to develop a campaign strategy and to translate the plan into measurable results.
- High integrity and moral character, supporting the mission, philosophy, policies and ideals of the Feeding Indiana’s Hungry.
- Good judgment and discretion; strong ethical character capable of handling confidential information.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and provide own transportation for in-state travel.
Submit resume, cover letter, and compensation requirements to Emily Bryant at email@example.com. Reference job title “NKHI Campaign Coordinator” in the subject line. No calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer.